- Member since 2005
- Has served as treasurer, board member, vice president, and president, as well as MTC banquet chair/co-chair
- Awards include Female Runner of the Year (2007) and Tingle-Petz (2018)
- Favorite distance: 10k, but also loves a 15 mile LSD
- Quote: “I love MTC, my MTC family and the ability to serve in any capacity I can to advocate for and advance our sport.”
- Member since 2014
- Joined in order to register for Bill’s Beer Run
- She began running at the age of 48 after hearing someone talking about the Couch to 5k app on the radio.
- Favorite distance: 10k, although she’s run 13 half marathons and many shorter distance races
- Quote: “I love the camaraderie with my fellow runners, and I love how running pushes me to do things I never thought I could do.”
- Member since 2014
- Has served as MTC board member
- Favorite distance: 5k
- Fun fact: She’s not currently running due to injury, but has been cycling. “Last November, I completed a 165 mile charity ride from Miami to Key West to help raise money for agencies that provide services for people with HIV.”
- Member since 2015
- Has served as treasurer
- Received the 2019 Comeback Runner of the Year Award
- Favorite distances: 15K and 10 mile
- Fun fact: She started “jogging” at UF to stay in shape, but never looked at times until she joined MTC and the racing series.
- Member since 1998
- Has served as funding coordinator and is in the process of securing a strip of road as an Adopt-a-Highway project for MTC
- Awards include age group winner in the Racing Series (achieving a perfect 10) and Tingle-Petz
- Favorite distance: Flat, fast 5ks
- Favorite MTC memory: “I don’t know which Bill’s Beer Run to choose, but they have all been so much fun! The spectacle, the camaraderie, the dancing, the music, the hot dogs. It’s a perfect recipe for an awesome time.”
- Member since 1975
- Has served as equipment manager and been in charge of merchandise alongside her husband; also served as vice president
- Won Female Runner of the Year (not sure which year though!)
- Favorite distance: 15k, although she enjoys everything about running — speedwork, long distance, running competitively and for recreation
- Fun fact: In 1981, while representing the Air Force team in Europe on the anniversary of Roger Bannister breaking the 4 minute mile, Mary achieved her personal best of 5:08 at a one mile invitational race on that same track.
- Member since 2017
- Volunteer of the Year 2019
Racing Series Coordinator
- Member since 2010
- Has served as racing series coordinator
- Began running later in life, logging his first miles in 2008 after quitting smoking
- Favorite distance: half marathon
- Charlie is an Ironman Triathlete, but considers himself both a competitive racer and recreational runner.
- Member since 2016
- Has served as a vice president, board member, and committee chair
- MTC Awards include: Bill McKenzie Unsung Hero Award (2018)
- A lifelong runner, he ran cross-country and track on a scholarship at the University of Iowa.
- Fun fact: Tom Flanagan was one of his high school cross country coaches and is the reason Scott got involved with MTC upon moving to Sarasota.